Friday, September 15, 2006

Some raid fun!

So, I was lucky enough to be invited to a TOI raid run with, questionably, one the server's most 1337 clans/alliances. The Damned allowed me to be a guest BD for a quick pvp/raid boss ninja run, which I was more than happy to go on since I realy miss doing raids and haven't done a whole lot of them since I was in D grade, as well as finding out for myself how much more difficult the C5 raid bosses were. Here's an early staging pic of us in Aden Church-


Man, that's alot of Draconic LA! I felt out of place with so many draconic bows and stuff around so I went to go fetch mine as well for this run. Since I'm only level 76, they had to keep dropping a 77 SD into/out of party from another one of the raid parties to dance shadow for us, I felt so gimp. So, after that I made a decision that I'm not going to level my buffbot or my subclass anymore, I'm going back to hardcore grinding the BD to 77...that shadow dance is pretty uber.

The run started with the nobles porting up to toi 5f while the rest of us ran up, from 5f to 11f they ninjaed their way all the way up and then as they came up to 11f and Longhorn they ran up on Conviction, who they are warring, and just really wiped them out. To be honest, it was pretty one-sided since there were 3 full groups of TD geared and buffed for raid and just kind of swooped in on the mixed conviction/others and took them out pretty quick and stole their raid boss. Convction was really pretty outnumbered, so they didn't have too much of a chance unless all of the other groups there for the raid party defended, which they did not.

So Conviction was cleared out in short order, we took Longhorn. With Lord of Lords taking a hiatus from Bartz to cash in on the adena rush and farming on Franz now, alot more raid bosses are available, so we then went across the floor and took out the other 11f raid boss.

From there we headed up to 13f where we also raided Galaxia (a few snapshots...)





After Galaxia they went up to do Baium. I unfortunately am out of fabrics, so I will have to restock and take that quest again at some point in case I have another opportunity like this. All in all, it was one of the more fun nights I've had in L2 in a while. So much grinding to get to 76 and the third class change and all the waiting for the subclass quest, this was a great respite from that.

Lastly, my old clan seems to be falling apart. The Final Heroes may be disbanding. I have since left the clan and am currently looking for a new one. At the present time some of the displaced clan members want to start a new clan, so I started one for them and am donating some of my SP to get them up to level 4, at which point I will transfer the leadership and most likely leave to find where I should be longterm. It is almost my one year anniversary in L2, woohoo! i m so n00b!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I have noticed that you defeated cabrio with some help with others. My clan is about to attemp this to get Fate's quest started. Do you have any advice. Techniques? Thanks.
I absolutely love the blog. I had to go and look thorugh all your archives.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Aleena said...

Hihi!

Thanks for the comments and kind words all.

Milk- in terms of Fate's Whisper...man...I'm sorry you have to do this in C5 :( It's gonna be quite a bit more work. It's mostly alot of waiting around for the various raid bosses so my only advice is to have alot of patience. Also, at the end of the quest you will need a top b grade weapon and about 845 b crystals to trade in for a low A Grade weapon.

After this, get ready for mimir's elixir. The only two painful parts of this are farming the 100 moonstone shards, and then getting far enough into DVC to finish off a bloody guardian. The other parts aren't so bad. Once you're done go and grab your subclass!

Aero- thanks so much for the add on the FCA site, I will add a backlink to yours as well :)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow , u're lvl 77 after 1 year of playing? Man I feel so gimp after 1.5 years and I'm only 71 ><.

FinalHero is so fortune to have a loyalty member like you. So good luck in re-building your clan. If you ever need a place you can try to apply to NOVA, we would be more than happy to have you in our clan.

Maybe I should make a blog of my own soon, joining the blogger band-wagon :D

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aleena, I haven't been on the game in a while.. school. Nice job..I have still been keepin up with ur blogs. I feel even more noobish then MGZ after one year, i am only 68. Please tell me a good spot to duo with my prophet buff slave.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home