Tuesday, September 12, 2006

C5 Quest Guides

Wow, finding out more and more stuff about C5 that is just kind of good and kind of a pain. For one thing, you can port from the Dawn Priest at any time now, however prices have gone up significantly- ports that used to cost ike 1000aa all of a sudden now cost 8000aa. Also, alot of the standard gatekeepers have ALOT more destinations...some prices are lower and some are higher, and some locations are gone...so this might end up even.

One big loss though, is that there are no more dawn ports into TOI, so no more going to 5f/7f/10f/13f from the priest. All of a sudden I am SOOOO grateful that I did my subclass quests in C4, I could not IMAGINE running up 14 flights in TOI. Talk about "ripping your eye out with a spoon" kind of pain!

So, I have contined exploring Schuttgart and in the process I have written about six new quest guides that hopefully will be published to Stratics. I am finishing up the screenshot cleanup for the seventh, they are as follows:

Ominous News- Level 20
Making the Harvest Grounds Safe- Level 21
Ghosts of Batur- Level 23
Pavel The Giant- Level 46
Influx of Machines- Level 46
Resurrection of an Old Manager- Level 49


[kekeke there's my artisan, Grace Steelforge, doing the level 2x quests]

Lastly, have you guys all seen the Dark Elf mage in Apella Robes with the Sword of Miracles figurine that is supposed to be coming out soon?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Looks pretty hot imo, however it's a resin model that must be hand painted [which explains why human flesh tones were applied to it instead of standard dark elf coloration]. That's good and bad in a way...for someone like me with absolutely no artistic talent at all, here's what will happen:


Aleena has acquired Dark Elf Figurine
Aleena has acquired Dark Elf Flash Tone Paint
Aleena has acquired Black Paint
Aleena has acquired Gold Paint
Aleena has acquired Paintbrush
[Begin Painting]
[cat jumps on my lap]
Dark Elf Figurine Has Disappeared
Paintbrush Has Disappeared
Aleena Has Failed to Craft Dark Elf Figurine after paying $75.00 USD

o.O just wrong!!!

In non-lineage news, I bought my first pair of designer jeans...woohoo...as someone who never pays more than $50 for a pair or jeans to jump up to like $200 is a big step. My wife has been buying the designer jeans for a few years now- Sevens, Citizens of Humanity, True Religion, etc... At one point I had looked into getting her a gift for a birthday or valentine's day to Earnest Sewn in Soho, they will actually custom tailor a pair of jeans for you where you can pick out everything from the fabric/denim to the zipper/rivets/buttons for buttonfly/etc. But you have to make an appointment like a month in advance for a fitting and it is also about $600-$800 a pair [[OMG!!]].

I settled on a pair from Paper, Denim and Cloth. I have to admit they are exceptionally comfortable, moreso than something from Gap or Banana Republic...however...it is REALLY doubtful that I would spend that much on a second pair.

One last thing: If there are any Kevin Smith/Clerks fans you HAVE TO download the clip from this website from the Opie and Anthony show where Kevin and Joel Siegel just go at it from Joel being an asshat at the Clerks II screening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to Vietnam (my home country) you can buy hand-made tailor clothes very cheap :D..and the beach, sea food, the people...arhhh

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home